“THE ESCAPE” ZODIAC BOAT TOUR
Oceans remain the wildest places on the earth, providing the pathway to freedom from the hustle of our daily lives. Let our family share this authentic Alaskan experience with you: a Zodiac trip exploring part of Alaska’s Inside Passage leaving from our Ketchikan dock.
This two-hour trip will take you on a journey through the historic Tongass Narrows in your own personal watercraft. Your pilot, a long-time Alaskan resident, boater, and wilderness guide, will share naturalist knowledge and personal stories about the region and whatever sights you see. Inhale the fresh air, taste the true Alaska, and enjoy the escape.
This is an adventure/eco-tour for the spirited traveler! Rain, gusty winds, boat spray, and bumpy rides are very common. Though we can’t guarantee it, you’re likely to see marine mammals, migratory waterfowl, and Alaskan birds of prey. Whales, bears and eagle have all been seen from our rafts.
Our boats are Mercury Heavy Duty soft-hulled inflatable crafts. (”Zodiac” is the term used for all inflatable watercraft). They are an exceptional heavy-duty boat built to be safe in rough conditions. These boats have proven to be the most agile and unique platform to carry small groups of people into a powerful and rare life experience on the last frontier. And they are FUN!
Depending on the size of your party, you might get to pilot your boat! We send out one guide with every tour and each boat carries 2 – 4 people, so if more than that on the tour, you could be the pilot on your raft.
Coming in on a cruise ship? Every trip begins with a courtesy shuttle from the Ketchikan cruise-ship dock right to our marine outpost. You’ll be provided with rain gear, personal floatation devices, and safety instructions.
See below for more details about this exciting and fun Zodiac excursion and book your tour now!
This is a 2 hour tour.
$149 per person
$99 children 11 and under
Ride with us!
Ocean Research Company Alaska | Ketchikan Alaska Zodiac Tours
YOUR TOUR INCLUDES
- The tour is approximately two hours – time includes pick-up and drop off at the dock
- Courtesy shuttle to and from your cruise dock
- Large groups are encouraged to make advanced reservations; maximum four people per boat
- 300-pound per guest weight limit
- Rain gear included, just in case
- Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed (but hey, this is Alaska!)
- Reservation = full payment
- Cancellation seven days or more before = full refund
WHAT TO BRING
- Your camera and/or binoculars
- Closed shoes (not sandals)
- Warm clothes – jackets, hats, gloves
- Some people like ear plugs
- A sense of adventure!
- CALL O.R.C.A
RATES FOR 2 HOUR TOUR
- $149 per person
- $99 children 11 and under